Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage won't work for 1 number?

When texting another iphone user, imessage was on, but it would not send as an imessage so it asked to send as an SMS text message instead and it did. Now I cannot get it to go back to imessage but only for that user. All other iphone contacts are working as normal. I have turned off and on imessage and the SMS option, the entire phone, deleted older messages, even the contact, still not working! Can someone please help me?!

iPhone 4 (8GB), iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 9:57 AM

3 replies

Mar 18, 2014 9:23 AM in response to hanner5826

Hey hanner5826,

Thanks for the question, and great troubleshooting so far. Are we certain that the user you are attempting to message is registered with iMessage?:

If you still can't send or receive an iMessage, follow these steps

1. Make sure that the contact trying to message you isn't blocked in Settings > Messages > Blocked.

2. Make sure that the contact you're trying to send a message to is registered with iMessage.

3. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, back up or forward important messages and delete your current messaging threads with the contact. Create a new message to the contact and try again.

4. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, delete and recreate the contact in the Contacts app. Create a new message to the newly created contact and try again.

5. Back up and restore your device as new.

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2755

Thanks,

Matt M.

Aug 10, 2015 9:11 PM in response to matt00

Iphone6 version 8.4

experiencing same issue. Completed all steps suggested. Still cannot iMessage one person in household.

1. can Imessage 2 iPod touches, & every other Apple contact.

2 Cannot iMessage the other IPhone6 contact anymore (was working earlier today) only sms text.

Any other options? Thank you

imessage won't work for 1 number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.