Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4s background apps restart, even with only a couple of apps running.

Hi,

My dear 4s has been "slowing", as in apps are not running in the background any more.

Just before the warranty ran out i chatted to support, and the dude said it was to due with a "memory leak", so I had to reset the entire phone and reinstall from icloud. This did help for a bit, but the problem has returned.

Oddly, searching for "memory leak" on google only yields forums for app developers, with no suggestion that the end-user might have issues with their working device. So I can't figure out how to tell which app might be causing an issue, nor how to fix it.

Of course the issue is particularly annoying if you are using Maps to navigate to a location, and then you want to check a message, and then you have to input the location into Maps again and re-calculate the navi. For example.

Anyone got any ideas on how to deal with this kind of thing, which seem to be common, and commonly seen as wear and tear, which then tech people say doesnt happen with electronics, and it shouldnt be the case seeing that the 4s is still on the market as a new unit.

Cheers,

T

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 10:34 AM

There are no replies.

4s background apps restart, even with only a couple of apps running.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.