Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Calendar Scroll

Hi

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with this strange issue with the Calendar App on my iPad:

Basically, it no longer scrolls forward reliably in Week view:

• A right to left swipe forward through time is ignored – unless it happens in the 'header' section of the week, where the dates and all day events are. Swipes in the 'middle' of the page don't register.

• Swipes backward through time - left to right - do work, anywhere on the page.

• It seems to be intermittent; mostly it's a problem in landscape orientation. Portrait usually works reliably backwards and forwards, and up and down (the left-right axis in landscape mode, of course)

• Other apps are not affected - the BBC News app, for example, which allows R>L scrolling through stories, or Photos, which also allows R>L scrolling through pictures.

I've tried resetting my iPad - though I restored again from my last backup (possibly stupid of me…). I also deleted a Calendar event I entered last night, before the problem emerged - I wondered if this was corrupt in some way.

Anyone come across this issue? Could it be related to Daylight Saving (which is still a couple of weeks off)? Any clues would be appreciated!

iPad 3, iOS 7.1.

iPad 3G, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 4:08 AM

Exactly the same problem, really annoying as to view a week in the future the only way to do so seems to be to change to Day view, and scroll through the days before changing back to Week view.

Very annoying, Apple please resolve for us :-) Thanks

10 replies

Apr 1, 2014 6:06 AM in response to kolinkellysbrick

Same for me, a slight scroll back (even only a few millimeters) then allows forward scroll until a scroll in any other direction. Scrolling works fine in portrait, and seems to work consistently if you scroll in the "all day" section of the calendar or on the day list above that. Pretty sure this was fine in 7.0, just not in more recent updates (currently running 7.1).

Jul 14, 2014 8:02 AM in response to kolinkellysbrick

hello Same annoying bug. The scrolling from right to left on landscape mode. to make it work you have to go right once an then left from anywhere on the page. Another solution that works fine for me is to scroll with the finger precisely from top the "Day" line (Monday, tuesday...) after a while I got used to it.

But for me the major problem with iPad calendar -which I hope is a bug- is not to be able to open a specific day from the month view by a single tap on the date of the day. Has anyone this problem too ? To go to the day, you have to tap on week and it opens on a random week which obliges you to scroll again to the day you want. Am I clear ? PLEASE APPLE FIX THAT ISSUE. it used to work great on iOS 6 !!!!!!

iPad Calendar Scroll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.