Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have to Recaliberate Battery every few weeks to get rid of Service Battery after the Mavericks Update (And now after 10.9.2 update as well)

After the Maverics Update my battery indicator shows the service battery sign.

I went to the Genius bar and they said I need to recaliberate my battery. Which they did. And the service battery was gone for a few days. But then it returned.

So I had to manually recaliberate the system.

But the service battery keeps coming back. I had to make sure not to keep my Laptop connected to the charger for more than an hour or two beyond 100%. Neither did I let it go below 15-20% without being plugged in. After taking these prcautions my battery was stable.

But after the 10.9.2 update, the service battery sign is back. And is more persistant than before.

Why do I have to keep recaliberating my battery again and again ?

#NOTE: I also perform an SMC reset after each recaliberation. The Service Battery sign goes away after using the laptop for an hour or two after recaliberation.

Below is the battery capacity (In percentage over 6700 mAh Full Capacity ) as shown by Coconut Battery for the past 2 months. Every time my capacity dropped below 75% of the original, the service battery sign appears and I have to recaliberate the battery.

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Battery, Service,After Mavericks

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 12:38 PM

1 reply

I have to Recaliberate Battery every few weeks to get rid of Service Battery after the Mavericks Update (And now after 10.9.2 update as well)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.