Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving Garageband Music Files to MyBook for Mac External Hard Drive on OSX 10.5.8 I'm a musician and need to make space on my mac hd. Is it safe to move music files there and delete them on the mac? Thanks!

use a MyBook for Mac external hard drive.

I need space on garageband or the entire hard drive, since I am getting the "need space on the hard drive" messages.

It's scary to move my precious music files!

How should I move them to the external and feel safe about doing so?

Or are there other methods besides the obvious, clearing caches, deleting the trash and downloads, etc., that are recommended?

I am doing music now and producers are waiting for the new vocals!

Help!

Thanks!

GarageBand '08, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 3:21 PM

1 reply

Mar 17, 2014 6:23 AM in response to OceanMusic

The process is as simple as just copying your Garageband project to the external drive and deleting from the macs hard drive. But before you delete anything you really need to back them up to someplace else also. Having just one copy is not safe. Get another external drive, DVDs or even flash drives, you absolutely need anything important in more then one place.

Moving Garageband Music Files to MyBook for Mac External Hard Drive on OSX 10.5.8 I'm a musician and need to make space on my mac hd. Is it safe to move music files there and delete them on the mac? Thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.