Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to restore video geotagging?

I needed to clear some space on my iPhone 5s and I used cut-paste to move all photos and videos from Camera Roll to a folder on my PC. After that I decided that I want to keep some photos and videos on my phone. So I made another folder on my PC, copied there whatever I wanted and then synced the new folder via itunes. Everything was fine except 3 things: 1) Slow motion of videos was lost, 2) video geotagging was lost and 3) date of video changed to today/now. The first problem doesn't concern me much since I can do the slow motion again easily. What concerns me most is the video geotagging and date created. To check that everything is fine with my phone I took a video (saved in Camera Roll) and confirmed that it has its geotagging and date correct. I also used a program on my PC to check if EXIF data of videos transfered on my PC were lost. Hopefully these data are still there, including the geotagging. For a strange reason though when I sync back to iPhone I get only the correct EXIF data for photos and not for videos. Videos lose both geotagging and date created and that's really frustrating. How can I fix it? Any suggestions?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 3:12 PM

There are no replies.

how to restore video geotagging?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.