Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I register my iPad to a new Apple ID if I don't know the old ID?

I wanted to register my iPad to my Apple ID account through the supportprofile.apple.com site. When I clicked "Register and Add New Products" and entered the serial number, it says

According to our records, this serial number is registered to another Apple ID. If you have more than one Apple ID, log in to My Support Profile with that Apple ID to see your other registered products. Not sure if you have another Apple ID? Find out

I tried a couple old Apple IDs that I thought it might be reigstered too, but all to the same error message. Does anyone know how to "un-register" a device from an unknown ID? I'm thinking perhaps there is some way similar to the "deauthorize all computers" button in iTunes.

Thanks!

iPad

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 4:03 PM

4 replies

Mar 16, 2014 4:32 PM in response to Demo

I have had the iPad since June 2013. I did buy it new. I want to register it under my current Apple ID so that it shows up in the same place as my other devices when I log on.

I can't look at any of the service history or anything else related to it unless I can clear it's registration and link it to my active account. Does that make sense?

How do I register my iPad to a new Apple ID if I don't know the old ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.