Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the best solution for me to run Microsoft Access on my brand new iMAC? Assume I'm a casual user.

What is the best solution for me to run Microsoft Access on my brand new iMAC? Assume I'm a casual user.

I am lead to believe by some real smart guys on the Apple site that If I have the Apple Store partition my iMAC and add the full suite of Office products on that partition, I can run the few Access programs I have and need to run.

Comments encouraged. Thank you in advance for your consideration and help.

iMac, iOS 7.1, Need to run Access on iMAC

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 4:36 PM

2 replies

Mar 17, 2014 9:14 AM in response to JAGreensw

You would have to install Windows, then install Microsoft Office Professional for Windows on it To install Windows you will have to choose between Boot Camp (faster, free) and a Virtual Machine (simpler, slower, easier to backup)

You should try LibreOffice (free), it can open Access files, it may not have all Access's feature set though, worth a try.

www.libreoffice.org

what is the best solution for me to run Microsoft Access on my brand new iMAC? Assume I'm a casual user.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.