Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Camera Connection Kit won't work?! :(

I bought my connection kit at the same time I think as I bought my iPad.. It was the retina display iPad.. (3rd Generation) Not the Mini or the Air.. I don't know if there were any more iPads after mine..

Anyway, when I plug the SD card reader or the USB Dock in, it says "This accessory is not supported", why?? I used it once before, but only that one time before.. And it worked then.. Is this an issue of non compatibility with iOS 7? Or is it the connection at the charging point between the readers and the iPad? This is really annoying me, I want to be able to use my readers! And import photos.. Could it be because the dock connector point is damaged in some way?

:(

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 4:40 PM

1 reply

Mar 18, 2014 7:09 AM in response to Hevski

Hey there Hevski,

It sounds like you are unable to read from your SD card reader with your camera connection kit. I recommend these troubleshooting steps from the article named:

1. Disconnect the iPad Camera Connector from iPad.
  2. Disconnect any USB device connected to the iPad Camera Connector.
  3. Restart iPad.
  4. Reconnect the iPad Camera Connector and then connect your digital camera directly to the iPad Camera Connector.

From: iPad: Using iPad Camera Connector with unsupported USB devices

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4106

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

My Camera Connection Kit won't work?! :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.