Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When my mac.com email stopped working, I reset my Mac username to my email address and signed out of and back into iCloud. This made my email vanish completely from Mac mail. I set up an iCloud account, but am wondering if my old account is gone forever.

A couple of week ago, I found that I was not able to get mail for my MobileMe account, which I used with my [name]@mac.com address. After doing some Googling, I saw that my Mac account name had to be in the form of an email address, so I changed my account to use my gmail address. My mail still wasn't working so, after doing some more Googling, I figured I had to sign out of iCloud and back in again. The results weren't quite what I expected; my entire mac.com account was immediately removed from Mac Mail, and I was unable to set it up again. I was able to set up a new account, but of the form [name]@iCloud. com, and I'm not able to assign my mac.com address as an alias to it. Is my old account gone forever? I find that if I send off mail to my mac.com address, it get sent... I'd love to be able to make that address accesible again, through either my old account or my new.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.1.x)

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 6:26 PM

There are no replies.

When my mac.com email stopped working, I reset my Mac username to my email address and signed out of and back into iCloud. This made my email vanish completely from Mac mail. I set up an iCloud account, but am wondering if my old account is gone forever.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.