Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 7 iphone 4 voice control

I have an Iphone 4 and I updated to IOS 7.1. When I went to turn the voice control off, I found there doesn't seem to be an option to do so. I looked at the IOS 7.1 manual and it describes the process: "Settings > Passcode (other models), and turn off Voice Dial" (http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1565/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf, p29). But there is no option in practice. I've seen some other forums that say the option is just gone, but I'm thrown off by the manual still having the process written in it. Ideas?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 16, 2014 7:27 PM

2 replies

Sep 3, 2015 3:20 AM in response to blues8th

To date, you CANNOT turn off voice control on an iPhone 4 with latest iOS 7 (you can with 4s using Siri settings) .

With the phone home button pressed against something (e.g. in your pocket), it WILL accidentally voice dial or perform some other unwanted feature. I can only suggest you experiment with a screen cover so that the home buttom becomes more recessed or a stiffish slide in cover sleeve ('sock') for the phone that serves to shield the home button from other objects. Do NOT fit the little home button protector that sometimes comes with some screen protectors as this just makes the button more proud and so more easily pressed.

Where is the update for the voice control on/off setting, Apple? So basic... one might think they have done it on purpose so you upgrade.

ios 7 iphone 4 voice control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.