Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Boot Disk available

I made a boot disk of Windows 7 to install through Parallels 9, but accidentally installed it on my Mac through Boot Camp because I wasn't paying attention to the finder tabs I had open. I did NOT go through installing Windows upon the reboot, but now whenever I restart, it goes straight to MS-DOS BOOTCAMP and reads "No Boot Disk Available." I can Command + R, and it will take me to internet recovery. When I go to Disk Utility, I can clearly see that my Hard Drive, and the Mac OS X Base System are still in tact and on the computer. The layout of the screen on the left looks as such:

251 GB APPLE SSD SD25...
Macintosh HD

BOOTCAMP

disk1
Mac OS X Base System

My question is how do I get it so it no longer boots the MS-DOS Boot Camp and simply starts up as a Mac like it did before? I've tried ejecting the BOOTCAMP drive, but it merely goes back to "No Boot Disk Available" when I attempt to restart. I'd rather not lose the data on my Hard Drive and I haven't used Time Machine in a few months and would prefer to avoid that. All of my files on the hard drive are still in tact at the moment as I've checked through browsing.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 12:48 AM

2 replies

Mar 18, 2014 6:29 AM in response to Nordeccus

go back into disc utility, select apple ssd, click on partition then highlight the bootcamp part of your drive, click the minus sign then click apply. after this drag the divider line down to the bottom, click apply

then reboot, it will now start up into osx as normal.

you are now free to reinstall windows again using bootcamp if you wish.

No Boot Disk available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.