Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I plugged our phone into our mac to charge it and it changed the name of the phone to my wife's phone. Attempt to backup from I cloud only gives backups since the name change. How do I reclaim my phone's name?

I plugged my i phone into our mac just to recharge it and somehow it recognized it as my wife's phone and changed the name of the phone to hers. I lost the carrier I was using, though it still can connect to internet. I tried to erase all settings and content, and then back up from I cloud, but it only offered backups since the name was changed. I can't make any calls at this point.

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 4:29 AM

1 reply

I plugged our phone into our mac to charge it and it changed the name of the phone to my wife's phone. Attempt to backup from I cloud only gives backups since the name change. How do I reclaim my phone's name?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.