Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5C's time won't move forward unless I'm using my phone

I'm an American student, currently studying abroad in Rome, Italy and over this weekend I went to London. When the time zone on my phone changed, I thought everything was fine, until later that day when I realized that my phone was like 9 hours off the actual time. I tabled the issue, figuring that when I came back to Rome the time change would cause the phone to revert back to normal, however it didn't. I've tried everything; resetting to factory settings, the whole off and on tactic, updating the software, connecting to iTunes and no matter what I do the only way the phone gets set to an accurate time is when I turn the "set automatically" setting in the "Date and Time" section off and on. It'll update to the current time, but then I lock my phone and if I open it two hours later, the phone will operate on the time that I locked it at. I've even tried just keeping the automatic setting "off" but not even that does anything. Please help me haha

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 3:25 AM

There are no replies.

My iPhone 5C's time won't move forward unless I'm using my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.