Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam message from Apple Customer Support

Hello

I have also received an e-message, earlier today, purporting to come from "Apple Customer Support".

Showing the Apple logo, it states (amongst other things): "..your online access has been blocked ... your information is out of date ... failure of verification [sic] lead [sic] to the removal of your iTunes account ... We are not completely satisfied with your account information ..." A link then leads to an info page 'requiring' details of my credit card.

The actual sender-account is:-

support@paypol.securnet

A friend has confirmed that this is spam, and suggests that even the link Verify Now > should not be opened.

A narrow squeak for me!

charlierob

iMac, E-mail provider is Thunderbird

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 5:53 AM

1 reply

Mar 19, 2014 10:14 AM in response to charlierob

Hey charlierob,

Thanks for the question. Please report this message to our legal department, if still available:

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4933

What to do with suspicious iCloud emails

If you receive a suspicious email, select the message text so that it is highlighted. Choose Forward as Attachment from the Message menu (OS X Mail) or the Actions menu (Outlook). Send the email to abuse@icloud.com. This provides Apple's legal department and law enforcement with useful information to help prevent future phishing emails.

Additional Information

To learn more about why you received spam, see this article.

To learn how spam is filtered, see this article.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Spam message from Apple Customer Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.