Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I edit Automator apps which are embedded in iCal Events

I have crated some Calendar Alarms with Automator so that on certain days I am prompted to send an email to my colleagues (automator creates a new email message and then opens a text file with the content I need to send)

However, I cannot find a way of editing the Automator file which is attached to the iCal event.

The only way I have found so far is to open Automator and go to Open Recent. Searching for Automator files on my Mac gives no results. And looking inside the Calendars folder located in Home does not reveal any Automator Files.

Can anyone shed a light on how I can edit these automator files?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 9:19 AM

Hey wylix,

Thanks for the question. You are correct. Once an automator application is saved, it becomes a standalone application (no longer an automator “document”, so that it can run without the need for Automator).

The only way to edit your application is to open Automator first, then choose File > Open, and search your Mac for the application (do not search for automator documents, as it is now a standalone application. I personally keep all of my automator applications in a specific folder, for easy access later).

Mac Basics: Automator

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2488

Thanks,

Matt M.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2014 9:19 AM in response to wylix

Hey wylix,

Thanks for the question. You are correct. Once an automator application is saved, it becomes a standalone application (no longer an automator “document”, so that it can run without the need for Automator).

The only way to edit your application is to open Automator first, then choose File > Open, and search your Mac for the application (do not search for automator documents, as it is now a standalone application. I personally keep all of my automator applications in a specific folder, for easy access later).

Mac Basics: Automator

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2488

Thanks,

Matt M.

How do I edit Automator apps which are embedded in iCal Events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.