Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pawtec UltraSlim External USB 3.0 on MacBook Pro 1,1 A1150 (Mid 2006) with 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

Hi,

I've quite a problem with my brand new Pawtec UltraSlim External USB 3.0 BluRay Burner (it is build around the MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ265 burner).

Writer works great with MacBook Pro5,5 13" A1278 (mid 2009), but things are completely different on MacBook Pro 1,1 A1150 (Mid 2006). When I insert a CD or DVD, burner tries to read it but after second stops. This pattern repeats over and over again. The only effect of all these attempts is burner unpleasant sound. 😉 The same thing happens on the Windows XP installed as a bootcamp on this MacBook (Mid 2006). I tried to solve the problem in the Disc Utility, but it doesn't recognise the writer properly. The writer appears there only for a few seconds and then disappears. What is more, when it is visible, all the buttons (options) are disactive.

As I said, this problem only occurs on the older MacBook Pro 1,1 A1150 (Mid 2006) with 10.6.8 Snow Leopard.
On the newer MacBook Pro 5,5 13" A1278 (mid 2009) also with 10.6.8 Snow Leopard everythng works fine. Even on Windows XP installed as bootcamp on the newer Mac, burner works with flying colours.

If the software (Operating systems) are the same, that makes clear that something must be wrong with the hardware. But is the difference between these two MacBooks so great, that it makes impossible to read simple CD/DVD from external drive?

I didn't find any drivers/software for this burner on Pawtec as well as on Matshita webpage. PatchBurn works only up to Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger so this also isn't a solution.

Have You ever encounter this kind of problem? I will be gratefull for any ideas, solutions. 🙂

Thank You

Greetings

Jacoszek

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), MacBook Pro 1,1 A1150 (Mid 2006)

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 7:16 AM

2 replies

Pawtec UltraSlim External USB 3.0 on MacBook Pro 1,1 A1150 (Mid 2006) with 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.