Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have two subscribed calendars but can't delete one

For some reason, I have two subscribed US holiday calendars. One appears under iCloud in the list, the other appears under Other in the list within Calendar in IOS. Oddly, the one that appears under Other in IOS doesn't appear at all in Calendar in OSX. My problem is that I cannot delete the one that's in Other. Can you tell me how to accomplish the deletion in IOS 7.1? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 6:28 AM

The one in Other is now part of iOS7.1 and can't be deleted. It can be turned off though by simply going into your calendar app and tapping on it to remove the checkmark.

4 replies

Mar 17, 2014 6:43 AM in response to pdroth

I was able to take care of the OSX part of the problem by going (in Calendar) to Preferences>General>Show Holiday Calendar. That showed the one that's in Other. I deleted the Holidays calendar that appeared under iCloud.

On my IOS devices, however, the Holidays calendar under iCloud still appears though iCloud sync should be more or less instantaneous. pdroth is correct that I can uncheck it but I use Calendars 5 for my IOS calendar and it shows all local calendars whether they're checked or not. I've queried them about this but have not received a response this morning.

Mar 17, 2014 7:14 AM in response to rkdav

Ok. Now the deletion of the Holiday Calendar from under iCloud in Calendar on OSX has synced to my IOS devices as it should have. That leaves me with the one Holiday Calendear under Other in both OSX and IOS which is fine. Still seems like a flaw not to be able to delete calendars like this from within IOS.

Have two subscribed calendars but can't delete one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.