Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem installing Windows 8 via Bootcamp on MacBook Pro 13 (late 2009).

Hello,

I've installed Windows 8 Pro on my MacBook Pro 13 (Late 2009) which does not support Windows 8. I've started installing Windows 7 via Bootcamp, then interupted the installation and pluged-in the Windows 8 Disk, and after formating the partition, I've installed Windows 8 64-Bit.

Here is the problem. The Windows works fine, BUT after restart when I hold 'Alt' and choose EFI Boot (Windows 8's partition), Windows 8 starts loading but then suddenly there is a white flash and it restarts again. So after shut down or restart I cannot boot it.

Do you think that this is because I do not have Bootcamp installed on the Windows 8?

I've downloaded the supported software for Windows 8, but when I click setup.exe, it is giving me the following error:

This version of Bootcamp is not intended for this computer model. I've been trying to install it for more than 78 hours, so I'll be extremely gratefull to whoever help me. Thank you in advance.🙂

P.S. Mac OS X partition boots fine.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Trying Windows 8 Pro x64

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 7:39 AM

5 replies

Mar 17, 2014 8:06 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

If it is really not possible, I get it. But there are plenty of people that are running Windows 8 on the same model, that is powerfull enough to run Win 8. I'm actually running it, but until shut down or restart 😀. Can't I edit Info.plst file alternative for Windows 8 like I did to allow BootCamp to image burn my USB on my model? I mean my model is same as the next one. I can't see why the drivers for mid 2010, won''t work on mine...

Problem installing Windows 8 via Bootcamp on MacBook Pro 13 (late 2009).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.