Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

insert music into iPhoto slideshow

Using the iPhoto help we cannot insert a song into an iPhoto slideshow. It doesn' see the source.

We have followed the instructions including quitting both iPhoto & iTunes, moving the library to the desktop,making a new playlist and restarting iTunes, then Iphoto. We have 2 iPads - original + iPad 2, MacBook Air, iPhone 4 & 4S and a Mac Mini.

Please advise what options we have to make this supposedly, click and play, work.

judy

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 7:48 AM

6 replies

Mar 17, 2014 8:12 AM in response to LarryHN

I am using iPhoto 11 v. 9.4.3 , iTunes 11.1.5 (5) on a macbook air. I believe these are the latest versions

Instructions came from looking at 2 sources - iPhoto help. The instructions said to quit both apps, reopen iTunes, then iPhoto and if that didn't work to move the iTunes medialibrary.xml to the desktop, go into iTunes, create a new playlist, then quit apps and reopen iTunes, then iPhoto so iPhoto could see the source. No such luck.

2nd source was on the iPhoto community page that said to open iTunes and reorganize the library, quit and reopen. Still no source.

Basically I get that iTunes isn't being recognized by iphoto...don't know how to make them talk to each other. Isn't the point of the app to be idiot proof and work among all the apps?? If I'd know it was going to be this difficutl I'd have just created a standard powerpoint, added the music and called it a day. Should I just do that?

judy

Mar 17, 2014 7:19 PM in response to Old Toad

Hi - unfortunately, no I don't have options as you have on the picture - the source can't be opened

I ended up making an album, sharing it to icloud photo stream and then inserting music, choosing slideshow. That worked BUT the slides weren't in the same order as in the presentation mode, although I reordered them in the album before sharing. They ended up random, nothing like the order I'd put them in.

I then ran out of time to figure this out and sort it through, any suggestions so I can do this more efficiently.?

THANKS.

judy

User uploaded file

insert music into iPhoto slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.