Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In private mode, safari bypasses safe search and shows explicit material. How can I prevent safari from bypassing safe search.

I have google safe search turned on and locked. When I perform a google image search in private mode in safari, it bypasses safesearch and shows explicit results. Is there a way to prevent that? Or to filter explicit images even in private mode?

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 12:52 PM

In Private mode, websites can't see your saved cookies. You might be able to enable safe search by selecting it again while in Private mode.

3 replies

Mar 17, 2014 1:59 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thnx Linc Davis. However it does not solve my problem. One would have to go to the private mode every time again and select and lock safe search again...

I would like to have safe search permanently locked on the macs in all browsers, whether it is in private mode, incognito mode or whatever mode.
I wonder if that would be possible.

In private mode, safari bypasses safe search and shows explicit material. How can I prevent safari from bypassing safe search.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.