Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My screen isnt responding on the 4, can't turn off due to it being unswipeable

I dropped my iphone 4 from a very small height and it smashed. The screen is now not responding at all, however the display is still coming up when i press the unlock button. As the screen wont respond (its been 24 hours) I cannot swipe the screen to turn it off. My home button also stopped working a few months ago through no fault of my own (which I am extremely not happy about) and therefore I cant even do a hard reset using the home button. I tried plugging it into itunes but that wont even work as it has a passcode on it. I tried reseting it using 'find my phone' but it cannot locate the phone. I am not happy at all as phones should be made to last alot longer, I have only had it 2 years. I have no money whatsoever to pay for it to be fixed so cannot afford that or even a new phone. Obviously a phone is essential so I'm very worried of what to do, especially for emergencies. It is no longer underwarranty, but would apple see that this is an emergency and send me a placement?

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 11:04 AM

There are no replies.

My screen isnt responding on the 4, can't turn off due to it being unswipeable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.