Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't iTunes burn my songs in the correct order from my playlists?

Ok, here's my problem. I hope someone can help me here. I've ripped all my physical CDs to my computer and converted them to iTunes, all as their own playlists. Every CD I own has its own playlist on my iTunes since that's how I like to listen to my music. The problem is that some of my CDs are movie soundtracks that have songs from lots of different artists. When I convert them to iTunes, it doesn't list them by album in the album tab. It will list all the individual artists from that movie soundtrack and list them as their own album. That by itself is a giant pain that doesn't make any sense. Then, to make it worse, after I create the playlist for that soundtrack with the songs in their proper order as they're listed on the album and try to put it on my iPod with a bunch of other albums, it won't burn them onto the iPod in the correct order. For example, if I have a Green Day album burned onto my iPod along with a movie soundtrack that has a Green Day song on it, it will take that one Green Day song and put it with the Green Day album instead of the movie soundtrack that it came from. In essence, my iTunes burns songs onto my iPod in alphabetical order by artist name no matter what. The fact that I have a playlist with songs from multiple artists from a movie soundtrack that I would like played in a particular order doesn't seem to matter. It arranges everything by artist with no regard for how I have my playlists arranged with no visible way to change it. I have no idea how to fix this or even if its fixable. I hope I explained this clearly. I'd appreciate any help.

iPod shuffle, Windows 8

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 10:54 AM

1 reply

Why won't iTunes burn my songs in the correct order from my playlists?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.