Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I get a refund for a replacement MacBook Pro?

I recently recieved a replacement for my MacBook Pro 2011 for free since I had AppleCare. The new MBP is a Late 2013 Retina model. Admittedly, the Retina display is gorgeous, and the laptop is speedy, but...I'm not happy with it. I miss my CD drive, I miss my Hi-Res Anti-glare display, I miss all the extra ports, and I miss being able to upgrade/fix the laptop myself when necessary. So, I want to return and get a refund for the replacement, and then buy a refurbished 2012 model from the Apple's online Mac refurb store.

I was told by Apple support that I should be able to get a refund, but then they directed me to contact the actual store where I recieved the replacement. So I called the store, and they told me I cannot get a refund.

Who is correct, Apple Support, or the actual Apple Store? I am confused, and I don't want to be stuck with a MBP I don't want.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 11:28 AM

3 replies

Can I get a refund for a replacement MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.