Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't restart my iPod touch 5th gen?

Hey,

Recently my ipod 5th gen's home button stopped working, and just an hour ago my iPod does not recognize some of my strokes on the touch screen. It won't let me slide to unlock or slide to shut down, I have assistive touch on but it won't let me restart my iPod. It recognizes my finger when I move the Assisstive Touch button around, but is there some way I could restart my iPod without holding the Home and Lock button's down?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 12:00 PM

1 reply

Mar 17, 2014 12:06 PM in response to jvpankow

No since you can't access your iPOd.

To reset the iPod without the hardware buttons,

- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. All your wifi and bluetooth preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected. You will have to rejoin wifi networks and repair BT devices

Try:

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Can't restart my iPod touch 5th gen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.