Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP w/ Macbook Pro Screen Crack

So my screen got cracked and dented. There was an earthquake today and my macbook fell off the dresser and yeah. Macbook Pro Mid 2012, 13 inch. I bought applecare and don't know if they cover such incidents and really don't know how much it would cost to replace the screen if they don't. I've been searching online everywhere and the answers are super vague or not the exact answer to my question. I just need help guys. Thanks if you can help me out!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 13 Inch, Mid 2012

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 12:12 PM

3 replies

Mar 17, 2014 12:21 PM in response to JasmenBianca

JasmenBianca wrote:

So my screen got cracked and dented. There was an earthquake today and my macbook fell off the dresser and yeah. Macbook Pro Mid 2012, 13 inch. I bought applecare and don't know if they cover such incidents

The bad news is that this accident will not be covered since it is not a manufacturing defect. The repair will be expensive.

Ciao.

Mar 17, 2014 12:23 PM in response to JasmenBianca

NOTE: Apple Care nor the standard warranty does not cover accidental damage. You will be responsible for the repair costs (which are usually more than the cost of the computer).

The good news:

If you have homeowners or rental coverage check w/them. Most policies cover accidental damage.

If you purchased your computer w/a credit card, check w/them also. You just may be covered.

User uploaded file

HELP w/ Macbook Pro Screen Crack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.