Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X Missing Proxy?

I am making a basketball highlight video. After I finished cutting everything else out just so there are clips of the specific basketball player whose video this is, I watched the clips. The clips are now jumpy. I get this message: "Video frames were dropped during playback. You may be able to get better performance by doing the following: Use proxy playback by changing the media setting to proxy in the Viewer Options pop-up menu."

But when I do select 'Proxy,' all my clips are gone and replaced by "Missing Proxy!"User uploaded file

User uploaded file

How can I fix this? I don't want my videos to be jumpy!!!! Thanks

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 12:32 PM

5 replies

Mar 17, 2014 6:16 PM in response to micaelas123

The selection needs to be made in the clip browser – not the timeline. Select the clips and right click; choose transcode media; check Proxy in the dialogue that appears. In the upper right corner of the Viewer is a disclosure triangle for viewer display options; under media choose Proxy. Remember to change it back to Original/Optimized before exporting.

Consider getting a tutorial (book or video) to get comfortable with FCPX terminology organization and workflow.

Good luck.

Russ

Final Cut Pro X Missing Proxy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.