Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro

Would not having a battery slow my laptop down? Meaning just having it plugged into the wall outlet. Would that slow it down? I use serato for my dj'ing and I've had no problems with my laptop since the day I purchased it. When my battery stopped holding a charge I took it out and just plugged it into the wall whenever I used it. But it seems to act laggy now. Any thoughts?

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 1:33 PM

Yes, you are correct the MacBook Pro will drop its processor speed by approximately 50% when the battery is removed.

4 replies

Mar 17, 2014 1:38 PM in response to stedman1

Desktop systems use large capacitors to smooth out the power. MacBooks use the battery for that purpose. Running it with no battery leaves you open to power spikes.

In addition, there are times when your MacBook uses BOTH battery and AC power for high-power tasks.

Replacing this battery is under $200. If you are getting paid to DJ, it's a Business expense. Don't put it off.

Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.