Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail will not send even though all mail servers are connected according to the connection doctor.

I have a problem with mail not able to send even though the Connection Doctor states that all the servers incoming and outgoing are connected. This started as a sporadic problem that increased in frequency until no mail seems to be going out.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 8:25 AM

Just solved the problem. In mail preferences deleted the smtp outgoing server then entered it as a new server. That seemed to do the trick. Another mail thread suggested to delete certificates pertaining to mail, which I will do if the problem recurs.

3 replies

Dec 22, 2015 9:27 AM in response to peterfromcortlandt manor

I had my AppleID with a yahoo account set up as the iCloud account. But I hadn't realized on the iCloud preferences I could change the primary email from yahoo to my me.com account. I had also set up another email account with me.com, and so deleted it. I then had to set up a separate yahoo email, the same account as is my primary AppleID. I then set up all the iCloud synch options via add modify AppleID assigning the me.com email account to function as the iCloud primary email even though it is drven by this same AppleID yahoo.com account and it cannot be changed. That is why I had to set up a new yahoo only email account. All my synch options are via iCloud account including the email account. And for why this happened read on:

OK, I figured this out, when I bought my first Mac I had not had a me.com account since I didn't know about it. This was long before iCloud technology. So I set up my yahoo account as my first AppleID. By the end of the day I had my me.com account as well. My intention was to change the AppleID account to my me.com accout. I suppose it wouldn't let me, so I added another AppleID account with another name with my new me.com account. I hadn't discovered for months after buying many songs that I couldn't transfer them to the other meID. I didn't realize if you have a me or iCloud account there is no need to creaste another one.

Mail will not send even though all mail servers are connected according to the connection doctor.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.