Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unsubscribe from Uk Bank Holidays calendar

Hello everyone,

I subscribed to UK Bank Holidays iCal (MAC) from GOV.uk website, however I did not realise that the iphone calendar already had an option for this. So now I have duplicate bank holiday events throughout my calendar.

Does anyone know how to remove them completely from my mac?

Also the calendar app for mavericks has an option to enable Holidays calendar however that does not show any holidays at all hence why I tried to add them.

Thank You

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 2:02 PM

6 replies

Mar 18, 2014 7:55 AM in response to Mac4Life2012

Since upgrading to iOS 7.1 a UK Holidays calendar has appeared on my iPhone 4S, iPad 2 & iPad 4 (listed in Other with birthdays if you tap the Calendars button at the bottom of the screen). I already have an app that supllies this info so I don't want it showing twice.

Does anyone know how to get rid of it completely? I can stop it showing by deselecting but can't get rid.

On my iMac this UK Holidays calendar does not show even if I tick the box in Calendar>Preferences. According to this MacWorld article it does not work in the UK in Mavericks

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/calendar-tips-how-use-calendar-os- x-mavericks-3489481/

All seems a bit inconsistent.

Anyone any ideas??

Apr 16, 2014 3:03 PM in response to Mikeysmum-2008

I think I may have a solution to this issue: at least I have fixed it for me without knowing precisely which setting change has been successful - I messed around with several preferences.

If you are experiencing the inability to include UK Holidays calendar and events by selecting the tickbox at Calendar -> Preferences -> 'General -> Show Holidays calendar', can I ask you to try this:

System Preferences -> Language & Region -> Region = 'United Kingdom'

System Preferences -> Language & Region -> Preferred languages = 'British English - Primary'

If you have a different Preferred language (Primary) you will be asked to restart your computer.

¿Did you already have System Preferences -> Language & Region -> Preferred languages = 'British English - Primary'?

¿Did Calendar display the UK Holidays calendar and events once you had changed System Preferences -> Language & Region -> Preferred languages = 'British English - Primary'?

Apr 30, 2014 5:03 AM in response to ennio99

Thanks for this, I've now got the UK Holidays calendar in iCal on my Mac, so I'm going to delete the duplicate Bank Holidays calendar I've subscribed to in iCloud.

It appears it's the 'British English - Primary' preferred language setting as I already had region set to 'United Kingdom', otherwise I might be that you need both settings to those you've stated.

Apr 30, 2014 5:12 AM in response to dandd

I have done this on both of my Macs, then a couple of others have followed my notes and it works for them.

I believe the issue is with English language countries and the OS X installer: we are presented with 'English' as the default preferred language and we select it.

The posts I have seen reporting this issue with national holidays in Calendar and requesting a solution are from British, Canadians, Australians,... The implications of selecting preferred language must not be clear when the choice is made: I am not planning to resitall OS X to confirm this 😉

How to unsubscribe from Uk Bank Holidays calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.