Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pro Tools 7.2 DAE conflict with Direct TDM

After I installed the new Pro Tools 7.2, I cannot use DAE and Direct TDM together. I will always get DAE error messages. If I disable direct TDM, DAE runs fine. I rely heavily on the ESB bus.
Does Logic need to be updated????

PPC G5, Mac OS X (10.4.7), Pro Tools 7.2

Posted on Aug 14, 2006 10:32 PM

12 replies

Aug 15, 2006 2:25 PM in response to stickybitz

Hi stickybitz.

Got the same problem after installing PT 7.2; BUT I also get a wide collection of DAE Error's just using the DAE driver alone - not only together with Direct TDM. If I disable all audio drives - quit - restart - enable DAE only - quit - restart...it will sometimes be able to playback (sometimes...). But once I arm a audio track, the DAE Error Code will appear.

And these are the notifications I've been abused with:

Error code 30208 was returned was returned by the DAE driver.

...also with error codes 25088, 5120, -14233, -20992, -22528, -27136 & -31232. All by the same reason.

Apple/Digidesign: HELP!! We got customers waiting for some music...

G5 Dual 1.8 / 3GB RAM / Fabric carrying strap... Mac OS X (10.4.7) Logic Pro 7.2.1/ProTools 7.2 HD2 Accel/192 IO

G5 Dual 1.8 / 3GB RAM / Fabric carrying strap... Mac OS X (10.4.7) Logic Pro 7.2.1/ProTools 7.1cs8 HD2 Accel/192 IO

Aug 16, 2006 2:15 AM in response to stickybitz

With this result, it appears to be the DAE from PT 7.2 that needs the fix....OR Logic Pro modified for compatibility with the new DAE.
I posted the problem on the Digidesign User Group too, but no answers yet. I refuse to believe that we're the only users experiencing this bug!

Ok, a solution while we're waiting, is to re-install PT 7.1 of course...but I still give it a couple of days.

Aug 16, 2006 3:38 AM in response to stickybitz

Ok, could not wait! Removed Pro Tools 7.2 and re-installed PT7.1cs9 (I used 7.1cs8 before!). And voila; The DAE errors went away in Logic. So everythings ok now?? No! This time the DirectTDM don't output anything. No errors, it just won't work. Total silence. Removed the SW-instrument instances and inserted them again...nope. Had to use CoreAudio to get my instruments working.
Anyway; the conclusion is that the new PT 7.2 DAE have serious compatibility problems with Logic Pro 7.2.1, and it may affect the DirectTDM driver as well.

Send the CoreAudio out on optical SPDIF into the 192 I/O - it's a workaround I can live with a couple of days.

Aug 19, 2006 2:54 AM in response to stickybitz

Hi there,

there is no option Softwaremonitoring, not in DAE and not in DTDM. It's just a CoreAudio option from the older days to give you the possibility to record more ore less latency free with a native system.

I got some (just some) probs with that. I am with PT 7.1cs8 and Logic 7.2.1
It is somehow a relatively stable system and my major problems are the sample-editor in Logic (if I do something it's shown but it isn't saved into the file, so if I do a silence or something, the audio is just getting through there...) and with audio-suite again (it was gone with Logic 7.1 but now I got some probs back with pre-listening).

But - - - it was the **** the last 3 years and for now it is really cool!

Got a G5 2x 2.7, HD3, 6,5GB Ram

I just bought a MacPro with RME Audio FF400 and I really wonder how that is working vs. the TDM SetUp!

Regards,

Axel

Aug 25, 2006 4:59 AM in response to Peter Duemmler

Hello,
want to upgrade from PT 6.93/LP 7.11/OSX 10.44 to
PT 7.1/LP 7.2/OSX 10.4x.
It is stable ?
I use Native RME Hammerfall going into PT HD System.
I use every effect of Native and TDM on every track of TDM and native routing the sends of each system to the other.
But now i want to update to 7.2 (or 7.21 or 7.22).
What is the best way, which versions should i take,
for the most stable system.
I don`t want to go to PT 7.2 only 7.1cs8 or cs9.
Digi says only use 10.46 for it or better take 10.45 ?
Then which Logic .. 7.2, 7.21 or 7.22 ..... ?
What is the best way to upgrade.
First the system with combo updater, then PT 7/7.1csx and the Logic Pro 7.2/7.2x ?
Greetings from Cologne Germany
Walter

Oct 25, 2006 4:37 PM in response to Sternenkind

Hi
I am running PT 7.2cs1 and Logic 7.2.3 with OS10.4.8.
Logic is running pretty good when AIM is on.

Please allow me to add one more thing.
Most painful thing is "audio suite plugins are all useless!"

It's great to have all ProTools *** and sometimes it works fine but I get "MIDI and audio Sync error" by using AS plugins.

I used Pitch nTime Pro 2.3 few times for last project instead of using Time Machine.
The first one was fine.
The second one got the error and I had to re-launch Logic.
And the third one was...

I edited 0.3 second of 6 second audio file and after clicking "Process" button, it made the file about 6 second longer and no undo! (***!)
I was so lucky that I had a back up session on another drive.

After I finished the project, I did a small test. I picked up Compressor Bank and clicked Process button.
Logic showed message "Loading Module US-2400...."
What does this message come from !!!!!????? What is the Module US-2400??
And I had to force quit Logic.

BTW, AS plugins list is tooo long because Waves, SONY, McDSP.... they all show mono and stereo plugins in one long window.

Yes, I really need Apple and Digi to fix these problems.

Mac OS X (10.4.8) HD3 accel

Pro Tools 7.2 DAE conflict with Direct TDM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.