Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcast not listed by google

We have submitted a podcast to the iTunes Store and it has been accepted so the show now has a URL. However the iTunes podcast page does not appear in the results of a Google search. What can we do to get the podcast page on Google's radar?

Thank you!

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 3:23 PM

Google does index the web page version of the Store page, but whether you will see the results depends on how unique the title is, or the text string you are searching on. The result may be there but on page 548. There isn't really anything you can do because you can't insert any keywords or other search-enginge-friendly tags into that page. I did find someone else's podcast listed by the Store page, but my own podcast only appears - at least on the first few pages - in my own website pages or in other people's references to it.

Your best bet would be to have a website which also contains your podcast episodes - again, how easy it is to find depends on whether the text strings involved are going to bring up a lot of other items.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2014 3:23 PM in response to Wes Plate

Google does index the web page version of the Store page, but whether you will see the results depends on how unique the title is, or the text string you are searching on. The result may be there but on page 548. There isn't really anything you can do because you can't insert any keywords or other search-enginge-friendly tags into that page. I did find someone else's podcast listed by the Store page, but my own podcast only appears - at least on the first few pages - in my own website pages or in other people's references to it.

Your best bet would be to have a website which also contains your podcast episodes - again, how easy it is to find depends on whether the text strings involved are going to bring up a lot of other items.

Mar 17, 2014 3:38 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you for your reply! I performed a search using the text from the podcast description. Only two pages of results appeared and the podcast was not among the hits. The podcast has only been in the iTunes directory for five days, maybe we're just too impatient? 🙂

I seem to recall Google liking to see pages linked from other pages, so perhaps it would help to link to the podcast page from the show's web site? (I know it seems obvious that the show page would link to the podcast, but the "show page" is for the radio show and the podcast is new for the radio show)

podcast not listed by google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.