Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini touch unresponsive after replacing digitizer.

I just replaced an ipad mini digitizer. The home button works fine but the screen is completely unresponsive. I can get to the lockscreen but can't swipe or do anything. I tried doing the reboot by holding both buttons but same result. Please help.

iPad, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 5:44 PM

6 replies

Mar 17, 2014 6:14 PM in response to Neil carvalho

I guess I should have mentioned before that this is my second time replacing it. The first time there was a faulty digitizer and the home button wouldn't work. But the touch screen DID work. Now its flipped, my second time around fixing it the home button works fine and the touchscreen is unresponsive. I thought it might have some damage from being dropped but the touch screen worked before. So I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or if its something i can fix. Thanks

iPad mini touch unresponsive after replacing digitizer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.