Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A question about project settings..FCP 7

I am using FCP 7 and I'm a little overwhelmed with the myriad of project settings options.

I use a Canon T3i and film in full HD (1920x1080 i think). All my footage I transcode in compressor to Apple ProRes 422 before importing to FCP projects.

I installed another computer and reinstalled FCP 7 and lost my old templates and importing some footage, I get the red line indicating unrendered footage.

Is there a standard setting that Compressor and FCP use to make it easy to just transcode, import, and edit? I'd like all my projects to look the best possible in full HD and there's hundreds of preset project settings and I'm a little unfamiliar with all the options.

Anyone have any quick tips, pointers, or thoughts?

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 24 Gigs RAM. PCIe 424 sound card

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 9:06 PM

1 reply

Mar 18, 2014 8:31 AM in response to Dallas Kruse

If you drop a clip into the timeline, it means the sequence settings don't match the clip settings. Make a new sequence, add the clip. FCP should ask "do you want the sequence to match the clip settings?" Click YES. If you don't see that, you might need to trash your preferences...or it might be an older version that doesn't support ProRes formats (FCP 5.1 and earlier).

Another way is to choose an EASY SETUP that matches your clip settings, and then make a new sequence.

And your camera shoots 1920x1080p...not i.

A question about project settings..FCP 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.