Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random CPU overloads with Mainstage 3.0.3

I have been running Mainstage up to 3.0.2 fine on a retina Macbook Pro quad core, 16 gb ram (Beefy machine). I am now getting random CPU overloads in Mainstage even with all other processes killed (that are killable). This does not seem to be plugin related and occurs even with stock mainstage instruments. Activity monitor suggests that it is Mainstage that is overloading (no other processes are using CPU when it goes down). Basically I can play for some amount of time (more than 2-3 minutes, less than 10) and the audio will cut out, midi notes will hang and occasionally come through over the next 20 seconds until Mainstage recovers and shows an overload in the CPU meter.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any way to revert to 3.0.2? Any thoughts on a solution? Thanks in advance...

-Casey

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 9:24 PM

3 replies

Mar 18, 2014 6:11 AM in response to DaCaptain

So far no, it does not go away, and even if it did I rely on the interface when performing so I'm afraid that is a solution that wouldn't work for me. I am going to make a new concert without any 3rd party plugs and attempt it again. I think the UVI Workstation pluging may be the one doing it. My third party plugins include the following (all at most recent version):

• Kontakt
  • UVI Workstation
  • Valhalla Shimmer and Reverb
  • Waves
  • Modartt Pianoteq
  • Sound Magic Piano One
  • u-he Zebra

All samples are streaming off the internal SSD so it may be a disk access conflict between the OS and samples but if so it lasts a LONG time.

Audio out is through the headphone jack. I have not tried it with my Motu 828 so see if that helps.

Thanks for taking the time to look into it.

Random CPU overloads with Mainstage 3.0.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.