Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stalled Set-up of iCloud - iPhone Data in iCloud Only, Not On PC - How To Fix?

I downloaded iCloud on my HP Pavilion dv9700 laptop running Windows Vista. The iCloud Control panel on my laptop is fine. I synced it with my iPhone 4 using my Apple ID and Password after creating my iCloud email address. At the iCloud Control Panel I clicked and put checks next to Bookmarks and Photostream and clicked on APPLY. The apply button faded out at this point in the process. After I long time the blue bar moved and said that I had 2.8GB storage left of 5.0GB. And the APPLY button was dark again I clicked on the MANAGE button and looked at the list of things (2+GB data) I have in iCloud.

I went back to the iCloud Control Panel and accidentally hit APPLY instead of CLOSE. My hard disk has been flashing forever 1 1/2 hours this time, way longer than the first time I hit APPLY. I think I'm stuck in some circular process. When I go to iCloud.com and enter my Apple ID and my Apple Password I see my name and one piece of email welcoming me to my new iCloud email. There is no data anywhere. No Data in my Calendar. No data in my Contacts.No data in my Reminder. No data in my Notes...and I have a lot of Notes, a lot of Contacts, a lot of appointments in my Calendar.

How do I get iCloud to stop whatever it has now been doing for nearly two hours and give me access to my data on my computer?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice given!

Alex

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, HP Pavilion dv9700 Windows Vista

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 12:30 AM

There are no replies.

Stalled Set-up of iCloud - iPhone Data in iCloud Only, Not On PC - How To Fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.