Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot update my iPad 2 to iOs 7.1.

Dear Apple Support Communities users,

Hi! I'm here because I want to ask for a problem, since so long ago. The update for iOs 7 & 7.1 have been published for such a kinda long time, but my iPad 2 is still on iOs 6. Everytime when I clicked to the 'Software Update' settings, it always written as 'Checking for updates...', but even I've been waiting for an hour or more, there's nothing appeared. I don't know wether anybody got this problem too or not, but if you can help, I'm very grateful. I hope Apple can fix this annoying problem too.

Lots of Hopes,

Deanna

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 1:56 AM

6 replies

Mar 18, 2014 2:01 AM in response to ItsDeanna

ItsDeanna wrote:

... my iPad 2 is still on iOs 6. Everytime when I clicked to the 'Software Update' settings, it always written as 'Checking for updates...', but even I've been waiting for an hour or more, there's nothing appeared....

If you are having issues using OTA (over the air) to update...

Do the Update using iTunes on your Computer.

See the Using iTunes Section Here...

How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Make sure you have the Latest Version of iTunes (v11.1.5) Installed on your computer

iTunes free download from www.itunes.com/download

Apr 21, 2014 9:23 PM in response to Texking

Even though you think this is too slow a way to update your iPad, iTunes is the most reliable way to do this.

Connect your iPad to your computer that uses iTunes and use iTunes to backup your iPad and then upgrade your iOS to iOS 7.

Have you seen or used iOS 7 on other iDevices?

Before doing this major upgrade of your iPad,

Be advised, if you decide that you hate or do not like iOS 7 there is NO WAY TO REVERT BACK TO YOUR PREVIOUS iOS VERSION.

Apr 22, 2014 2:28 AM in response to ItsDeanna

Hi

I updated my ipad2 from IOS 6 to IOS 7 about 3 weeks ago, by connecting my ipad to my computer and updating by using iTunes. Did a backup and then updated. Not sure whether the update or the subsequent apple update to an existing app that I constantly use has caused some issues. Consider carefully whether it is necessary to update your ipad before going ahead.

I cannot update my iPad 2 to iOs 7.1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.