Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Can't sync Outlook 2007 contacts & calendar with iPhone 5 or iPad Air

After upgrading software on iPhone 5 & iTunes, I can no longer sync any contacts or calendar from Outlook 2007.

I have been syncing happily for years, but just this week after downloading software updates for iPhone 5 and iTunes, I can no longer sync.

Music and Podcasts and even notes appear ok, but no contacts or calendar.

At one point, I managed to get the calendar to appear but no contacts; then on a later attempt, the calendar completely disappeared from my iPhone and Outlook - with no USB connection at the time. I had a backup, but strange!

I have tried the following with no success (most tips picked up from this forum):

• Reset sync and tried again
  • Reset my phone to be a new phone; deleted everything - no success;
  • Ensured my default account on outlook was the same standard account as before
  • Deleted all the addons in Outlook except for iTunes (though iCloud keeps coming back!)
  • I have run malware software and found nothing
  • I have shut down and restarted many many times!

I am syncing via USB.

Please help!! I have spent hours trying to get this to work.

Thank you!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 2:17 AM

2 replies

Mar 18, 2014 12:04 PM in response to PeonyTree

By any chance are you running any Eset security software products (like Nod32) on that PC?

If so, there's a couple of alternatives.

Either try the procedure in Samoreen's post:

Re: iTunes 11.1.4.62 freezes while syncing with Outlook

Or, see if you can get hold of the Eset beta addressing the problem. As Samoreen notes in another post:

ESET have a workaround for this issue. They gave me access to a test version of the HIPS module and this fixed the problem. So I could re-enable the ESET_OPTIONS environment variable (although I still consider that it's a questionable idea). I upgraded to iTunes 11.1.5.5 and there was no problem.

So maybe you should get in touch with ESET support and request the new module ? Just send a message to Marcos in the ESET forum.

Re: Outlook 2013 Calendar Sync fails with new iTunes 11.1.5.5

Mar 19, 2014 1:38 AM in response to b noir

Hi

Appreciate your help.

Was using Avast - as I have been for ages.

Afraid I finally caved in last night and put my calendar and contacts on iCloud and now all is syncing. Really hate being forced to do this. Some people have suggested that I could now go back and sync via USB to iTunes, but I don't have the time!

Thanks again.

Help! Can't sync Outlook 2007 contacts & calendar with iPhone 5 or iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.