Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am using parallel desktop on my mac

i am using parallel desktop on my mac. some one told me that using virtual machine on your laptop will effect your machine is it true ?

need expert opinions. will virtual machine effect my hard drive battrey and cpus ??

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 2:37 AM

3 replies

Mar 18, 2014 2:45 AM in response to NomanMaqsood

Running ANY software affects your hard drive, battery time and CPU, so I'm not really sure what you're asking when your ask "...using virtual machine on your laptop will effect your machine is it true ?"

What, exactly, is your question? Parallels is software that allows you to run another operating system at the same time as OS X. It has memory requirements (usually OS dependent) and it uses your computer to run period.

Clinton

Mar 18, 2014 3:12 AM in response to NomanMaqsood

No it will not in any adverse way. Running a Virtual Machine is no different than running any other software program. They all are stored on the hard drive, taking up space, and read & write to the drive. While they are running they use available RAM and load the CPU which will cause the battery to run down faster than if No app's were running. That is the same whether the App is a Virtual Machine software program or any other App you may run on your Mac.

I would stop listening to whomever told you that as they don't have a clue how computers work.

i am using parallel desktop on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.