Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with Apogee duet 2 running under iMac Haswell

Hi everybody. I'm, experiencing troubles with my Apogee duet 2 with my Haswell iMac 27". (mountain lion 10.8.5)

Very frequently, when I switch on my Mac the soundcard doesnt' work (no meter appears on the oled display and in the system preferences Mac doesn't see the soundcard even tought Duet 2 is still powered). I have to reboot the computer or to disconnect both power and usb from my duet 2 and to reconnect again and it finally works. Occasionally (not so frequently) the duet disconnects even when I'm working with logic pro x.

Apoggee support suggested me to manually unistall all apogee files and re-install january 2014 drivers. I just did it but it doesn't seem working.

Hope sombody will help me, thanks everybody.

Furio

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 4:04 AM

4 replies

Mar 18, 2014 8:23 AM in response to Hartmann74

http://www.apogeedigital.com/company/support.php

If you have an iMac with a Fusion drive fitted.. you may also need to update to Mavericks (latest version) to fully resolve this issue...

Again, read the notes on the Apogee support page for your product regarding this issue...

Also.. have you tried to simply reset your Duet 2 after installing the new Jan drivers? (and you did also shut down and restart your Mac yes? Dont just restart.. but shut down and then restart..)

http://www.apogeedigital.com/knowledgebase/duet-2-usb/how-do-i-reset-duet/

May 3, 2014 7:34 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Does anyone really have a Duet workinig with Mavericks? Not just for a few minutes or an hour, but really working consistently?

I've had this issue for six months and been through many rounds with Apple support and found that Mavericks just doesn't work with Apogee, Presonus, Mackie and a Saffire interface I've tried.

Does anyone really have one working consistently? If so I'd love to know how you've done it since Apple support hasn't been able to tell me how to do it without downgrading to an older OS

Issues with Apogee duet 2 running under iMac Haswell

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.