Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Embedded Album Artwork Is Incorrect In iTunes

I have personally taken all of my .mp3s and run them through a tagger for the purpose of cleanly managing all the album/artist/disc# (and other categorical types of data). During this (grueling) process, I embedded all the album covers for each mp3. All of my albums are working fine, except Lupe Fiasco - Lasers and Ratatat - Classics. These two albums are displaying very old data, pictures I had used for those albums over a year ago.

What I did to attempt to correct this error:

First I went back and put both of the files through the tagger, removed the cover, saved the tag, replaced a new cover, saved the tag, deleted them from iTunes and iCloud, updated iCloud to clear album, reuploaded album to iTunes with new album cover, display is still old file.

I deleted the Cache folder in Itunes Artwork. I then tried the above method again (shutting down and restarting itunes when necessary). I then deleted the whole Artwork folder. Of the two, Ratatat - Classics corrected itself after the deletion of this folder. Lasers is still showing a cached picture of Lupe Fiasco and Mathew Santos Bromancing.

I tried deleting them within iTunes, one song at a time, one album at a time, I tried dragging the picture into iTunes. Nothing. This thing just will not go away.

Best part about all of this. When it plays (up top in the information window) it shows the desired album cover, on my itunes match on my iPhone and both iPads it shows the desired Lasers album cover. Its just on the Album Grid View where this cover is haunting me.

Any takers?

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 3:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 3:46 AM

And miraculously it worked.

3 replies

Embedded Album Artwork Is Incorrect In iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.