Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Directory Software Update

Hello

I have an 10.9 Server with SSD. I want to use Software Update but recognised it is stored on the SSD. I want to change it to an external drive (RAID).

I found only a thread how to change it for 10.6. Is their a detailed description for doing this with the 10.9.2 and OS X 3.0.3 Server?

Regards

Gérard

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 1Tb SSD

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 6:55 AM

There's no supported means to move just the software update server (SUS) directory, but you can easily move all of the OS X Server baggage — the so-called service data — over to a different location using Server.app. To relocate the data, launch Serv.er.app, connect to the target server, select the server name at the top of the left column, select settings, select the Edit button off to the right of the Service Data line.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2014 6:55 AM in response to Gerard Dirks

There's no supported means to move just the software update server (SUS) directory, but you can easily move all of the OS X Server baggage — the so-called service data — over to a different location using Server.app. To relocate the data, launch Serv.er.app, connect to the target server, select the server name at the top of the left column, select settings, select the Edit button off to the right of the Service Data line.

Change Directory Software Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.