Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Trackpad gestures not working

I have a Magic Trackpad that is less than a year old and have never had a problem with it. Today, the swipe gestures stopped working. They are all selected in my Preferences and should be working. When I attemp to swipe to go back a page, the screen moves about 1/2 an inch like it's trying to go back a page, then freezes and it won't come back, I just have to close and reopen the window. The gestures work with my Magic Mouse, so I have ruled out "problem with Safari". Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 6:32 AM

6 replies

May 23, 2015 12:37 AM in response to mojata

For me I was using a Micro USB 2.0 in a USB 3.0 Port, on a Seagate Go flex, If I use a micro USB3.0 Cable my gestures stay intact!! i hope this helps.

My iMac has USB 2.0 but for some reason this helped...😕

This is with a iMac:

(20-inch, Early 2008)

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

3 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB

Its probable time for a upgrade... 😢

Magic Trackpad gestures not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.