Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get knology email on iPhone or iPad

I keep getting a message that I cannot get mail because of incorrect username or password. I know both are correct because I can still log in to email using Safari app or on my Knology home page on my laptop.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 6:54 AM

10 replies

Mar 18, 2014 7:18 AM in response to paulcb

We tried that yesterday at the Apple store. I deleted the Knology account and then was unable to re-enter it. Set incoming server as pop3.knology.net and outgoing as SMTP.knology.net. Guy had me set up incoming server port as 110 and outgoing port server as either 25 or 587. Nothing works. I tried to reenter my username and password also. Still does not recognize them. SSL is off.

Mar 18, 2014 7:23 AM in response to eviefromga

IMO, you should use another email provider, i.e. Gmail, Yahoo, Microsoft, etc, i.e. someone not tied to any specific local service. If you ever have to leave Knology, i.e. you move, you'll have to change your email address. Get one as suggested and you'll have it for life and it will always work on just about any device.

Mar 18, 2014 7:29 AM in response to eviefromga

Knology was recently bought out by WOW! in my area, but our email address did not change. The rep from there told me that all the incoming and outgoing servers should remain the same and not change to mail.wowway.com

The weird thing is, it is also happening to my husband's iPhone.

Sounds like a Knology problem to me. IMO, email service is pretty much a commodity... if what you're using doesn't work, dump them, not worth the hassle. I stay away from local email providers such as cable/internet.

Mar 18, 2014 7:33 AM in response to eviefromga

Understood but you'll need to do it at some point... you really need to move away from a small local email provider.

Forward your Knology email to a Gmail (or equiv) account and slowly transition. FWIW, I've been using Gmail for years and have had almost zero problems with them on dozens of devices. IMO Gmail just works, all the time.

Cannot get knology email on iPhone or iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.