Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OMG, YOU JUST DELETED ALL MY FILES.

This is not cool, All my keynotes deleted. Thank god is 1:30 in the morning here in Japan. PLEASE HELP.

All my kenotes are gone. I've been a long time Apple Fan Boy, and iCloud is about to change everything. Keynote I thought was something people use to work on. I can't work on it if files starts disappearing. Looking online and seeing many people with similar problems. It looks like my Keynotes have gone back to a state long ago when I only had one file. This is not funny.

Please help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 9:41 AM

You might just give it some time to see if they reappear in case it's just a server glitch.

If you are using Time Machine on your Mac, you may be able to restore them by navigating Finder to ~/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~Keynote/Documents using the Go>Go to folder menu. (That's where they are located in Mavericks. If you have Lion, you may need to look through the Mobile Documents folder to find them.) Then launch Time Machine, go back in time and locate and restore your documents.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2014 9:41 AM in response to atashijp

You might just give it some time to see if they reappear in case it's just a server glitch.

If you are using Time Machine on your Mac, you may be able to restore them by navigating Finder to ~/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~Keynote/Documents using the Go>Go to folder menu. (That's where they are located in Mavericks. If you have Lion, you may need to look through the Mobile Documents folder to find them.) Then launch Time Machine, go back in time and locate and restore your documents.

Mar 18, 2014 9:50 AM in response to randers4

Thank you. Any response makes me few a lot better.

But no, I don't have time machine. I am on Maverick 10.9.2. Checked the Library folder since that was mentioned a lot online, but no luck, there is just the one file there.

I have a presentation in the morning, about 8 hours from now. And hoping it would reappear because there might be a server glitch more than just scares me. There is no way I am going to sleep until I see the files back.

Same problem happening across iPad, iPhone and my Macbook Pro. Mr Time Cook, I am in desparate need of help and your server is telling me "everything is okay".

I had reset all settings on phone because notification was going crazy. I keep getting a full screen, you have a new message notification when in fact I am not getting any messages at all. I don't see why resetting my settings on my phone would delete all my files from icloud. It does looks like it's going back in time. Way back.

Mar 18, 2014 9:50 AM in response to atashijp

Given your situation, you may want to try contacting iCloud support: http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/contact/, although I'm not sure if you can reach them at that hour where you are.

For what it's worth, if you aren't going to use Time Machine, in the future you should start backing up your iWork documents to iTunes as explained here: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3542.

Good luck, I hope you get them back soon!

Mar 18, 2014 10:07 AM in response to randers4

Despite Apple being an international company it requires me to have a US number to talk to support in the US. Support here in Japan have gone to sleep.

I've never even thought about backing files I store on Dropbox, box or Google Drive. I guess we don't learn until we get hit right in the face. Luck won't help me now.

I better start making my keynote again from scratch or I am lose my job.

Thank you for taking the time though, much appreciated.

Mar 18, 2014 10:49 AM in response to randers4

After 35 minutes of an international call to our friends at Apple. I talked to four people, a lot rather funky music to get someone "senior". He tells me to call Japan.

The reason he gave me was because he can't call me back.

He also mentioned that although icloud.com does not work like Time Machine. There is a possibility that they can get their engineers to try and recover the files. If I can get someone senior to mark it as high priorityit will take a few days + plus me calling Apple Japan after losing my job.

So here I am almost 3am in Japan. Better start using Keynotes locally real quick.

Very disappointed.

OMG, YOU JUST DELETED ALL MY FILES.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.