Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3.7.2 Update makes app not respond and take too much of CPU

I just updated to ARD 3.7.2 admin and I have lost entire control over the app. It does not respond and I can not navigate it at all. I must force quit since it no longer responds.

I looked at activity monitor and it says its 90% - even when the app is sitting idle and not doing anything.

I have about 300 computers loaded in.

This is a severe catastrophic apple BUG that was just introduced with this latest verison. It needs to be fixed immediately.

Does anyone know how I can tell apple about this?

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 9:56 AM

2 replies

Mar 18, 2014 11:00 AM in response to wwe-oholic

Ditto - For weeks I've been trying to work through the bugs that 3.7 and 3.7.1 introduced, 3.7.2 cleared up a little but now I've got another.

CPU runs a minimum of 80 percent as high as 120. configd jumps to at least 60percent so I can barely type a number in the ARD filter box, scroll, or click on another list. Quit ARD and configd goes back to normal.

Network traffic seems higher as well - but hoping that it's updating the plist. It should have 652 computers in All Computers but dropped to 579. Quit app, relaunch, ok back to 652. ???.

Reboot is no help. I've already spent way too much time tweaking the plist and other troubleshooting suggestions. Maybe I've become too dependent on ARD!!! These troubles are pushing me to look at other solutions. A clean install on another laptop may be the next step.

Mar 21, 2014 7:20 AM in response to macspeckelist

more info - I was running 10.8.5 and previously had tried total removal and clean installation of ARD but must have missed something.

After upgrading to 10.9.2 I removed this folder: "/Library/Containers/com.apple.RemoteDesktop".

Lost all computers, lists, groups, templates, and saved tasks. Kind of a shotgun approach, and I'll have to rebuild from scratch, but now adding computers back in and CPU is running at 10 percent! Fortunately all Copy and Install template items and packages are saved in in specific folders, and Send UNIX templates are saved in my personal Knowledgebase so I should be back in business soon. I just hope it holds up!

3.7.2 Update makes app not respond and take too much of CPU

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.