Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

replacement phone warranty?

Hi, my iPhone 5 was replaced by Apple because of the power button issue in August last year. In this case, does my "new iPhone 5" still within the one year warranty starting at August 2013? Because I'm facing a screen issue now...

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 10:18 AM

The warranty will be valid for 90 days after the replacement date or to the end of the original warranty, whichever is longer.

3 replies

Oct 27, 2014 6:15 PM in response to FelipeV

I bought an iPhone 5s 64GB from a guy that says he got it as a replacement phone from Apple 2wks prior. I was assuming it would still be under some kind of warranty by apple for a year (now I found out 90 days). I entered the Serial Number at the Apple website to check on warranty status and it says warranty has expired. I guess I was lied to by this guy on his craigslist advertisement. He seems quite legit. My phone works great, except occasionally flickers. Sometimes the swipe up and swipe down stopped working unless I reboot (which I think is an OS issue). The battery life is poor too. I needed a new phone and rushed to buy, but hindsight should have waited to order the iPHone 6 plus instead. Lesson learned.. Don't trust people on Craigslist.

replacement phone warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.