Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continuous sustain problem?

Hello Logic experts,

When I open musical typing (Window --> show musical typing) and play a note on the on-screen keyboard, the note continues to play after I remove my finger from the key. In other words, the note sustains on its own, and I'm not pressing the sustain key. This happens with every single virtual/software instrument.

Oddly, when I play a software instrument using my external midi keyboard, I do not have this problem. The problem only arises when I use musical typing in conjunction with they keyboard on my macbook pro.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue?

Tim

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 10:34 AM

9 replies

Mar 19, 2014 4:08 PM in response to Timbar4

Timbar4 wrote:

I did as you instructed, but my problem has not gone away.

Hmm, too bad, it has fixed thsi problem for a few people:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103799

Timbar4 wrote:

Logic does, however, look a bit different than it did before.

Make sure you show advanced tools in Advanced preferences and check all available boxes in that window.

Does the problem occur in any project you start or only in this specific project? If it happens in just this one it means the project may be corrupted.

J.

Mar 20, 2014 1:32 AM in response to Timbar4

Timbar4 wrote:

For some reason, the preferences seem to return to the finder after I move them to the trash. I don't know whether this is normal or not.

Do you think it's time to reinstall Logic?

That is normal. The idea is to delete the old ones so fresh, new ones are generated.

I wouldn't reinstall Logic at this point, no. You said the problem happens in al your projects...does it also happen in a new project started from one of the factory templates?

It may be obvioud thing to do, but did you try restarting as well?

J.

Mar 20, 2014 7:21 AM in response to Jordi Torres

Your suggestion seems to have done the trick. I created a new project using the Hip Hop template and played a few notes on the virtual keyboard. I didn’t have any issues. When I opened my previous projects and tried out the musical typing, my issue went away. I’m not sure why this solved the problem, but thanks!

Continuous sustain problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.