Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I create separate events for RAW files and JPEG files of the same photo?

I recently changed the setting on my camera to take both a RAW and JPEG image. I now have a large number of photos in both formats in the same event. I'd like to separate all the RAW and JPEG photos into separate events. Is it possible to do this in a batch process versus trying to move individual files? I use iPhoto '11, version 9.4.3.

Thanks,

Peter

iMac

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 1:30 PM

Yes. Create a smart album with the criteria Photo is RAW:

User uploaded file

Then you can select all of the photos in the smart album and use the Events ➙ Create Event menu option to move all of the RAW photos into a new event.

User uploaded file

OT

5 replies

Mar 22, 2014 12:55 PM in response to Old Toad

This is very helpful. I have two questions additional questions:

1) When I create a new event with just the RAW files I will now have two events with the same photos; the original event (w/ RAW and JPEG) and the new event created using the smart album. Can I delete the original event or would doing so also delete the RAW photos in the new event?

2) The process of creating a new event using the smart album pulls information from all events in the library (i.e. it pulls any RAW file from any event into the smart album). Is it possible to create a smart album from just 5 events?

Thank you,

Peter

Can I create separate events for RAW files and JPEG files of the same photo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.