Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to log in with a different Apple ID on my app store (mac)

I want to log in with a different Apple ID on my app store from my macbook, but I can't find where I can switch my account. It's now logged in with a different email -adress but I don't know how I can change it. Because now I can't download or update things, because I don't have the password of this Apple ID.

MacBook Air, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 11:07 AM

You sign into and out of your account in the Store menu.

User uploaded file

However, content is forever tied to the Apple ID that bought it. Apple does not transfer content from one Apple ID to another. Apple does not merge Apple IDs. You will never be able to access your content bought with another Apple ID with a new Apple ID.

You will need to recover use of the old Apple ID or give up on the content bought with that ID. Call Apple Care and ask for the Account Security Team. They can assist you with your issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2014 11:07 AM in response to VeerlevanCasand

You sign into and out of your account in the Store menu.

User uploaded file

However, content is forever tied to the Apple ID that bought it. Apple does not transfer content from one Apple ID to another. Apple does not merge Apple IDs. You will never be able to access your content bought with another Apple ID with a new Apple ID.

You will need to recover use of the old Apple ID or give up on the content bought with that ID. Call Apple Care and ask for the Account Security Team. They can assist you with your issue.

I want to log in with a different Apple ID on my app store (mac)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.